Course Name / Certification / Degree
Assistant Yoga Therapist Certification Course
(Accredited by YCB, AYUSH Ministry, Govt. of India)
Along with above, a Certificate of Par Excellence (like Gold Medal) is also awarded to (overall) the Best Performing students
400 hours 24 credits
Assistant Yoga Therapist become Certified Yoga Professionals who can assist with Yoga Therapy
for prevention of illness and promotion of wellness among common people.
Objective /What to expect & benefits?
Can work under supervision of certified physician or certified
Yoga Therapist & Yoga Consultant on specific disordersTo gain the knowledge of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Yoga Therapy, Yama & Niyama, Practicals, Prayers, Sukshama Vyayam, Asana, Pranayam, Meditation.Learn, practice, understand and promote the wisdom of Yoga.
Individuals have to develop good communication skills, time management skills and ability to understand the body language of the trainees. Requires individuals to possess key qualities such as self discipline, conﬁdence, maturity, patience, compassion, active listening, time management, empathy, language proﬁciency.
With gaining the requisite knowledge about Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Yoga Therapy, theory and practicals, successful candidates become professional Yoga Teachers.
- Insight and in depth knowledge of Yoga and Yogic Practices
- Revealing the richness and knowledge of Yoga Texts
- Practical: Demonstration Skills, Prayer, Yoga Shuddhi Kriyas, Yogic Subtle Exercises and Gross Exercises, Yoga Asanas, Teaching Skills (Methods of Teaching Yoga) Perfecting
- Knowing the way to be healthy through yoga
- Understanding the way to live a full life through yoga
- Enjoying one’s own life and making others happy
- Awaken your bliss
- Increase your productivity and efficiency
- Increase your physical and mental
- Strengthen your health
- Enhance your memory and concentration
- Enhance your artistry Increase
- sweetness and love in relationships
- Make your life more meaningful
- Yoga, Asanas, Getting knowledge of Pranayama, Meditation, Mudra etc.
- Getting acquainted with Yogic lifestyle
- Starting mentoring mankind with Yoga knowledge
No age limit
Medium of teaching
English or Hindi
Mode of teaching
Online (2 hours Mon-Fri/Sat 1 hr) 4 months or On campus 4 weeks
|Registration $200||Registration Rs1000|
|Fees $690||Fees Rs25,000|
|Exam Fees $150||Exam Fees Rs3500|
- Fees are net payable to the Institute’s account. Any bank charges / credit card charges are extra.
- Registration fees is non-refundable
- Once the course starts, fees are non-refundable
Course starts on 2nd of every quarter
Mark Distribution: Total Marks: 200 (Theory: 60 + Practical: 140)
Reference Books/ Texts
- Yoga The Ultimate Science – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Yatharth Yoga (Hindi) – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Asana Level 1 – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Alchemy of Life – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Awakening of Yogi – Sukshma Vyayam – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Patanjali Yoga Darshan – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Shrimad Bhagvad Gita – Gita Press Gorakhpur
- Yogic Anatomy & Physiology – Compilation Parmanand Yoga
- Surya Namaskar (Hindi) – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Insight of Yoga Therapy – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Yoga Beyond business – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Anatomy & Physiology – manual – soft copy
- Basics of Ayurveda – manual – soft copy
- Secrets of Chakras & Kundalini Shakti – Dr. Omanand Guruji
- Shrimad Bhagvad Gita – Gita Press Gorakhpur
Cost of Books/Kit
India shipment hard copies Rs5000 Soft copies Rs3000 ;
International Shipment $190 Soft copies $100
Recommended next level after completion of this course
Yoga Therapy Certification Course 800 hours YCB, AYUSH
Yoga Chikitsak Diploma Yoga Therapist Diploma 805 hours, IAYT, USA
MA in Ayur-Yoga and/or PhD in Ayur-Yoga
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 400 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Theory Syllabus- UNIT 1 Basic Principles of Yoga Therapy
- 1.1 Concept of Yoga: Its Definition, Aim, Objectives and Misconception.
- 1.2 Significance of Hatha Yoga Practices- Shat Kriyas, Yogasana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha and Dhyana.
- 1.3 Guiding Principles to be followed by Yoga Therapy Assistant.
- 1.4 Roles and Responsibilities of Yoga therapy Assistant.
- 1.5 Scope and limitations of Yoga therapy Assistant.
- 1.6 Knowledge of vital parameters to assess general state of patients: Measurement of Blood Pressure, Respiratory Rate, Pulse Rate and Body Temperature.
- 1.7 Knowledge of use of props: ropes/belt/cushions/special aids.
- 1.8 Importance of pre-procedural preparedness for therapeutic Yoga sessions.
UNIT 2 Yoga Therapy in Traditional Yoga Texts
- 2.1 Basic Knowledge of various yogic texts such as Patanjala Yoga Sutra, Hathapradipika, GherandaSamhita .
- 2.2 Knowledge of schools of Yoga: Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Dhyana Yoga.
- 2.3 Concept of klesha, Concept of chitta vritti ,
- 2.4 Ashtanga Yoga and its therapeutic importance.
- 2.5 Principles of Hatha Yoga , Hatha yogic practices in view of therapy.
UNIT 3 General Anatomy and Physiology
- 3.1 Basic knowledge of Human Body Skeleton; organization of body cells, tissues, Systems, membranes and glands.
- 3.2 Basic Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology of the following system — Muscular, skeletal system; Digestive system; Respiratory system; Cardiovascular system; Excretory system; Endocrine system.
UNIT 4 Yoga and Allied Science
UNIT 1 Shatkarma: Knowledge and ability to perform the following Practices: 1.1 Neti (Jal and sutra) .1.2 Dhauti 1.3 Trataka 1.4 Kapalbhati 1.5 Agnisara 1.6 Nauli 1.7 Shankhaprakshalana
- 4.1 Knowledge of Yogic Principles – Ahara, Vihar, Achar- Vichar.
- 4.2 Alternative Therapy: Basic principles of Ayurveda, Naturopathy.
- 4.3 Concept of holistic well being.
- 4.4 Yogic concept of healthy living: Tridosha, Tri dhatu –Mala.
- 4.5 Therapeutic importance of Dinacharya and Ritucarya,
- 4.6 Importance of Diet (Ahara).
- 4.7 Yoga as preventive and promotive health care.